Barry Railway Company
Very little survives of the Barry Railway or its rivals in South Wales. Relics, archives and even whole collections of historical records have disappeared and been lost to future generations. The restoration of carriage 163 serves as a catalyst in the hope of inspiring others to preserve the railway heritage of South Wales.
- The Barry Railway by D.S. Barrie. Oakwood Press, 1962
- GWR Absorbed Coaching Stock by E.R. Mountford. Oakwood Press, 1978
- The Barry Railway: Diagrams and photographs of Locomotives, Coaches and Wagons by E.R. Mountford. Oakwood Press, 1987
- Great Western Way by J.N. Slinn. Historical Model Railway Society, 1978
- Rails to Prosperity: The Barry & After by Brian J. Miller. Regional Publications Ltd, 1984
- Branch lines around Barry by Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith. Middleton Press, 2005
- The Barry Railway Steamers by M.A. Tedstone. Oakwood Press, 2005
- Vale of Glamorgan Railway by Colin Chapman. Oakwood Press, 1998
- History of the Barry Railway Company 1884-1921 by R.J. Rimell. Tudor Printing, 1923
- South Wales Branch Lines by H. Morgan. Ian Allan Ltd, 1984.
Resources listed with thanks to gwr.org.uk and wrrc.org.uk.
View our entire photographic archive of the Barry Railway with captions on our Flickr page.